Strasbourg, with a population of 276 000 in northeast France, is the official seat of the European Parliament and home to the renowned Strasbourg Cathedral.
The municipality’s urban lighting strategy is aligned with the city’s approach to improving the quality of life of the inhabitants through quality lighting and enhancement of their built heritage, while at the same time minimizing the impact of lighting on the environment and integrating the budgetary constraints of maintenance and operation.
In line with its lighting master plan, the city is in the process of implementing several lighting projects, such as the new lighting for the Strasbourg Cathedral as well as an earlier project renovating the lighting for as the Place du Chateau which won the city.people.light award in 2014.
MORE INFORMATION: http://www.en.strasbourg.eu/en/home-en/
Read more about Strasbourg
- New lighting for Saint Thomas Church in Strasbourg
- Interactive lights for Strasbourg industrial heritage
- Strasbourg – lighting spaces of transition
- New lighting for the Strasbourg Cathedral
- Leipzig, Copenhagen and Strasbourg win city.people.light awards 2014