Call for Expressions of Interest to Host LUCI events 2024-2025
Be the next host city of the LUCI Annual General Meeting or LUCI City under Microscope!
We are now calling for expressions of interest for host cities of the 2024 and 2025 LUCI Annual General Meetings (AGM) and City under Microscopes (CM) – and your city could be next!
What is the LUCI AGM?
The LUCI AGM brings together city representatives and lighting professionals, LUCI members and more, for panels and roundtables, working group meetings, open conference sessions as well the discovery of the host city and its urban lighting. It is also the moment for the LUCI General Assembly, where upcoming events, projects and perspectives are presented.
What is the LUCI CM?
The LUCI CM enables international participants to discover the lighting strategy and projects of a member city over a two-day period. The event includes site visits and technical conferences on urban lighting projects. A chance to experience a city in its best light!
Why host a LUCI event?
Hosting a LUCI event is an opportunity for your city to:
- shine a light on your urban lighting projects and strategies,
- showcase your experiences related to the topic, share your challenges with the community,
- highlight your city more broadly – from a cultural perspective, to share the city’s local culture and traditions all while focusing on lighting,
- stand out at the regional and international level.
The opportunities for international exchange are endless:
- develop new city-to-city cooperation;
- learn from the practices and experiences sharing sessions from global attendance as well as bring new insights to the local discussions;
- network and discuss informally with peers during the social moments of the event
Who can host a LUCI event?
Any LUCI city member who shares the values and goals of our network, along with the motivation to co-organise an international event, may apply to host a LUCI AGM or CM.
The latest AGMs took place in Busan (South Korea, 3.6 million inhabitants) in 2022 and Tartu (Estonia, 100 000 inhabitants) in 2021. The latest CMs took place in Stavanger in 2021 (130 700 inhabitants) (transformed into an online event due to COVID-19) and Oulu in 2019 (Finland, 200 000 inhabitants). Check out previous LUCI events here: https://www.luciassociation.org/luci-events/
LUCI AGM and CM at-a-glance:
- A 3-day event co-organised by LUCI and the host city;
- LUCI brings an experienced professional team for events management and makes use of its extensive network to curate sessions and invite attendees;
- LUCI members have 1 hotel room per member taken in charge by LUCI;
- The events usually welcome representatives from 20 to 30 cities from around the world. The AGM brings together around 150 to 200 people max. The CM is a bit smaller and usually welcomes 100-150 people max;
- Ideally, the LUCI AGM takes place in first part of the year (February – May) and the CM takes place in the second part of the year (September – late October)
Interested in hosting a LUCI event in 2024 or 2025?
Want to know more? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s schedule a meeting to discuss!