Art is an essential driving force that inspires urban leaders to develop their city and to deliver diversity to the culture and identity of the city.
At LUCI, we believe that light can be the way to develop art and culture in the urban space and transform the way we live and experience our cities.
Both permanent urban lighting and light festivals can help cities showcase urban creativity. Light becomes a playful material for all, a tool to explore people’s needs and dreams for their own city. Light combined with art reinforces the cultural identity of a city and is a clear asset to any urban lighting strategy.
Objectives and activities
The main goal is to open the field of creative lighting to new artistic forms in both permanent and festival lighting. The activities in this Pillar will explore how a co-creation approach can be implemented among the members of the network for example, through structured exchange and peer-to-peer capacity building sessions.
Leaders and partners
Read more about light and Art & Culture
- Call for projects – Fête des Lumières 2020
- Cities during Covid19: thanking and honouring through light
- Call for concepts – Vinterljus Winter Lights 2020 in Linköping
- Light art during social distancing
- Call for artists: Berlin Lights
- New light installation for Galway 2020
- Portland Winter Light Festival
- Call for « Emergence » Projects – Lyon Fête des Lumières 2020
- Jyväskylä City of Light 2020 – Open call for artists
- Blink Cincinnati