Art is an essential driving force that inspires urban leaders to develop their city and to deliver diversity to the culture and identity of the city.
At LUCI, we believe that light can be the way to develop art and culture in the urban space and transform the way we live and experience our cities.
Both permanent urban lighting and light festivals can help cities showcase urban creativity. Light becomes a playful material for all, a tool to explore people’s needs and dreams for their own city. Light combined with art reinforces the cultural identity of a city and is a clear asset to any urban lighting strategy.
Objectives and activities
The main goal is to open the field of creative lighting to new artistic forms in both permanent and festival lighting. The activities in this Pillar will explore how a co-creation approach can be implemented among the members of the network for example, through structured exchange and peer-to-peer capacity building sessions.
Leaders and partners
Read more about light and Art & Culture
- Festival of Lights: umbrellas from Leipzig travel to Eindhoven
- Bringing life to public spaces with Light Art – Speakers announced!
- Join the “Bringing life to public spaces with Light Art” international conference in Turin!
- LUCI Declaration for the future of urban lighting
- LAiPS project partners met for the 4th Light & Art Lab
- Back on Vilnius Light Festival & the 700 years of the city
- City of Light Jyväskylä: Open Call 2023
- GLOW Eindhoven light festival is looking for artists
- Lyon Light Festival 2023: Call for Projects
- Menschen memorial installation initiates a lamp collect for Ukraine during the Bright Festival