Art is an essential driving force that inspires urban leaders to develop their city and to deliver diversity to the culture and identity of the city.
At LUCI, we believe that light can be the way to develop art and culture in the urban space and transform the way we live and experience our cities.
Both permanent urban lighting and light festivals can help cities showcase urban creativity. Light becomes a playful material for all, a tool to explore people’s needs and dreams for their own city. Light combined with art reinforces the cultural identity of a city and is a clear asset to any urban lighting strategy.
Objectives and activities
The main goal is to open the field of creative lighting to new artistic forms in both permanent and festival lighting. The activities in this Pillar will explore how a co-creation approach can be implemented among the members of the network for example, through structured exchange and peer-to-peer capacity building sessions.
Leaders and partners
Read more about light and Art & Culture
- One month left to apply for the LUCI Cities & Lighting Awards!
- LUCI Summer Reading List
- Amsterdam Light Festival 2022: Call for Concepts
- Lighting with children: exchanges on inclusive, participative creative lighting at LLFF2021
- The virtues of contemporary light festivals
- Celebrating 10 years of the Ghent Light Festival
- LUCI AGM Tartu – a one-of-a- kind event
- LUCI and the European Capitals of Culture, a special relationship?
- LUCI member Oulu is new European Capital of Culture 2026!
- Back on site: Chartres