Ramallah, 50 000 inhabitants, is the administrative capital of the Palestinian Authority, located in the central West Bank located 10 km (6 miles) north of Jerusalem, adjacent to al-Bireh.
PUBLIC LIGHTING MANAGEMENT
The municipality is responsible for
- street lighting,
- lighting for pedestrian areas
- decorative and architectural lighting
- lighting for sports facilities
- festive lighting
The municipality concentrates on three main aspects regarding maintenance:
- Preventive maintenance
- Regular maintenance
- Emergency maintenance
Lighting master plan
The lighting plan includes the rehabilitation of the lighting network (5km a year) and the installation of new street lights (5 km a year).
Some recently implemented lighting projects
- Replacement of the old sodium units with LED units in some parts of the city
- Lighting of the new cemetery, Radana Park and the streets leading to the park
- Rehabilitation of the lighting network in AL-Masyoon Area
Perspectives for the future
The municipality aims to replace all lighting units with new ones.
LIGHTING FACTS AND FIGURES
- Number of lighting points: 60 000
- Total power used for public lighting (kW): 2 900 000
Event lighting is implemented at various occasions like national, Islamic and Christian celebrations.