Call for projects – Luminale 2020
The call for projects is open for the next Luminale, Biennial for Light Art and Urban Design, taking place on 12 – 15 March 2020 in Frankfurt, Germany.
Originally established by Messe Frankfurt as an accompanying event to Light + Building, with around 250,000 visitors and 150 projects, the Biennial is, today, one of the largest and most significant cultural events in the City of Frankfurt and the Rhine-Main region.
As Biennial for Light Art and Urban Design, since 2018, the Luminale has pursued the goal of creating a popular and high-quality program in terms of both art and con-tent, as well as making a sustainable contribution to urban design. Thus, the city is not only a stage, but a major component of the festival itself.
The call is open for all five categories of the Luminale program :
- selected positions of thematic light art in CURATED;
- lectures and talks with renowned experts in TALK;
- projects from universities and other educational institutions in STUDY;
- projects that, with unique spirit, deal freely and experimentally with light and city outside the curated area in COMMUNITY.
- Finally, the BETTER CITY section is dedicated to all projects that will be permanently preserved in the city and thus contribute to the sustainability of the Luminale.
Participants from all categories should be inspired by the theme “DIGITAL ROMANTIC” in their project development.
Deadlines: 1 September and 3 November 2019.
More details and online submission here: https://luminale-frankfurt.de/en/m/call/
Image: Frankfurt Fades – Philipp Geist, Luminale 2018; photo Ralph Larmann courtesy www.luminale-frankfurt.de