LUCI members and guests who requested accommodation are accommodated at one of the following hotels:
- Meininger Berthelot Centre Hotel (7 Rue Professeur Zimmermann 7, 69007)
- Hotel Saint Vincent (9 Rue Pareille, 69001 Lyon)
- ibis Styles Lyon Confluence (26 Quai Perrache, 69002 Lyon)
The main conference venue is Les Subsistances (8 bis Quai Saint-Vincent, 69001 Lyon).
Transportation during the event
During the Fête des Lumières, public transportation routes are changed and/or cancelled as especially the city center becomes a pedestrian zone. During the evening hours, we recommend walking or the following means of transportation:
- On Thursday, 7 December, you can travel free of charge from 4 p.m. to closing time.
- On Friday 8 December, there is unlimited travel from 4 p.m. until closing time with the “TCL en Fête” ticket (€3.50).
- More information here.
- Taxi Lyon: +33 4 72 10 86 86, http://taxilyon.com
How to get from Hotel Saint Vincent to the SUBS venue:
- Walk 11 minutes along the river on Quai Vincent (900 metres), turning right after leaving the hotel.
How to get from Meininger Berthelot Centre Hotel to the SUBS venue:
1. Friday morning (note that bus traffic will be impacted in the evenings)
Option 1: Bus
- From Meininger Hotel, walk 5 minutes to Place de Jean Macé which is at your right by taking Avenue Berthelot.
- Turn left once you reach Place de Jean Macé, you will find the BUS C14 in the direction of ‘Les Sources’. After 12 stops, get off at the bus stop named ‘Homme de la Roche’.
- Once you reach Homme de la Roche, take the bridge on your right.
- Then, left of the bridge, walk 3 minutes to arrive at Les SUBS (recognisable by the Kraken sculpture).
Option 2: Metro
- You take the tramway T2 (direction Hôtel Région Montrochet) from ‘Centre Berthelot, Science Po Lyon’ to Lyon Perrache (1 stop, 4 minutes).
- Take the metro line A from Perrache to Hotel de Ville (4 stops, 5 minutes) in direction of Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie.
- Walk 17 minutes to Les SUBS.
2. Return from SUBS on Thursday and Friday evenings
- Take Metro A (closest stop from SUBS is Hotel de Ville, 17 minutes’ walk) in the direction of Perrache.
- At Perrache station, take the tramway T2 in the direction of Saint Priest Bel Air. Get off at the first stop ‘Centre Berthelot, Science Po Lyon’.
- Walk 2 minutes from the tram stop to the hotel, taking your right.
How to get from ibis Styles Lyon Confluence. to the SUBS venue: