Montreal’s Quartier des Spectacles call for video projection projects
Proposals are invited for architectural video projections on the Wilder Building, a new projection surface facing Place des Festivals in Montreal’s Quartier des Spectacles district.
The video projection which should celebrate the Wilder Building’s focus on dance, will be shown regularly starting with the official inauguration of the Wilder Building in September 2017.
A new complex dedicated to dance, the Wilder Building, is home to four major institutions in the art: Agora de la danse, École de danse contemporaine de Montréal, Tangente and Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal.
The east side façade of the Wilder Building, facing Place des Festivals, gives the Quartier des Spectacles a new projection surface, unique among its peers for its portrait orientation and its glass surface.
The Quartier des Spectacles Partnership and the resident organizations of the Wilder Building invite creators of all disciplines, residing in Canada, to submit artistic proposals.
Among other things, the work should:
• Highlight the body in motion
• Evoke the strength and fragility of the human body
• Feature a diversity of bodies (types and ages) and a figurative approach (in which bodies are recognizable)
• Suggest the diversity of current dance in an original manner, by including both contemporary movements and ballet
• Stand out for the high quality of its underlying artistic approach
• Have a duration of at least 5 minutes.
Deadline for proposals: 6 February 2017.
More information: www.quartierdesspectacles.com
Image © Lapointe Magne + Ædifica