- The Future of Urban Lighting
Kaoru Mende, Principal, Lighting Planners Associates, Tokyo
- Singapore: How the Lighting Master Plan was generated and how it has impacted the country’s economic and cultural value
Reiko Kasai, Director, Lighting Planners Associates, Singapore
- Human-Centric Lighting
Jihye Paik, Owner/Lead Designer, Lighn Design Studio, Seoul
- Smart Urban Lighting Pathways in Europe
Mark Burton-Page, Director, LUCI Association
SESSION: Urban Lighting in Seoul
Kim Dae-Kwon, Team Leader of Urban Light Policy Division, Seoul Metropolitan Government
Explore the urban lighting development process and core policies of the City of Seoul! The capital of the Republic of Korea, and a global megacity in Asia with a population nearing 10 million, Seoul plays its part as a future city leading the flow of change with advanced technology incorporated throughout the city.
CITY CASE STUDIES:
The 2018 Asia Urban Lighting Workshop was based on the theme “The role of urban lighting for sustainable development,” with six sub-themes: people, safety, culture, economy, the environment and the future.
- PEOPLE & SAFETY: Bharatpur (Nepal)
Asmita Khanal, Urban Planner & Menaka Pandit, Information Officer
- CULTURE & ECONOMY: Chengdu (China)
Wen Zhang, Member of Party Committee of Chengdu, Municipal Urban Management Deputy Director General, Chengdu Municipal Commission of Urban Management
- CULTURE & ECONOMY: Gangneung (S. Korea)
Dooho KIM (김두호), Team Leader, Road Division
- ENVIRONMENT & FUTURE: Hong Kong S.A.R.
Henry Lau, Engineer, Lighting Division, Highways Department
- PEOPLE & SAFETY: Quezon City (Philippines)
- ENVIRONMENT & FUTURE: Yala (Thailand)