The 2023 LUCI AGM is taking place in Jyväskylä, a city and municipality in the western part of Finland. It is located about 270 km north from Helsinki, the capital of Finland.
- The Euro is Finland’s official currency.
- The time zone is Eastern European Standard Time.
- Visas may be needed by non-EEA citizens; please check with your local Finnish Embassy
- Please wear appropriate clothing and shoes for snowy, cold and/or rainy weather.
How to get to Jyväskylä
By plane ✈️
In order to get to Jyväskylä, we recommend flying to Helsinki Airport and then taking a train (see below) to Jyväskylä. This is the most convenient option of aerial transport from most destinations.
There are also almost daily flights from Helsinki to Jyväskylä airport (50 minutes). The airport is located around 20 kilometres from the city centre (15-20 minutes by taxi).
By train 🚅
Upon arrival at Helsinki Airport, we recommend
1. taking a commuter train P (8 minutes, 2 stops) to Tikkurila railway station – price for the BC zone ticket is 2,80 EUR.
2. taking one of the hourly trains from Tikkurila to Jyväskylä (3-3,5 hours for direct journeys) – price starts at 9,90 EUR, depending on time/date of purchase.
Tickets are possible to buy both online, in advance online, via the transportation apps or at kiosks.
- Helsinki public transportation (for the commuter train P): https://www.hsl.fi/en
- Tikkurila to Jyväskylä trains: https://www.vr.fi/en
By boat 🚢
Helsinki has boat connections with Germany, Poland, Russian, Sweden, Latvia and Estonia.
Transportation after arrival in Jyväskylä 🇫🇮
LUCI delegates will be staying either at
Both hotels are within 10 minutes’ walking distance from the Jyväskylä train station.
Find more information about the accommodation options here.