Travelling to Busan
We truly hope that as many of you as possible will be able to join us for the in-person AGM experience!
We encourage you to check about any travel restrictions for traveling into South Korea via the information provided by your own national rules and regulations about any additional recommendations in connection to the Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The current entry conditions into South Korea [as of 2 August 2022] are the following:
- K-ETA (Korea Electronic Travel Application) – application within 72 hours before departure
- Proof of negative PCR test result within 48 hrs; or 24 hrs with negative antigen test result: to be submitted via the Q-code application
- As of 1 October, PCR test upon arrival within 24 hours is no longer necessary
Note: These are subject to change; LUCI will continue updating these regulations.
We highly recommend having enough cash for daily costs (taxis, food, etc) as there are few stores/restaurants that accept bank card/credit card payments.
For example, transportation systems in Incheon, Seoul and Busan do not always accept foreign credit card payment for train and metro tickets.
Check conversion rates to Korean Won here: https://themoneyconverter.com/FR/EUR/KRW
Getting to Busan
By plane ✈️
In order to get to Busan, we recommend flying to Incheon International Airport (Seoul) and then taking a train (see below) to Busan. This is the easiest and most regular option of aerial transport from both regional and non-Asian destinations.
Domestic 1-hour direct flights between Gimpo International Airport in Seoul (33 minutes’ train ride from Incheon International Airport) and Gimhae International Airport in Busan are also available.
By train 🚄
South Korea’s KTX railway system is highly efficient and punctual. Upon arrival on Incheon International Airport, we recommend
- taking a train/metro from Incheon International Airport to Seoul Station (1 hour)
- taking a direct train from Seoul Station to Busan (between 2 hours 15 to 3 hours 20 minutes, depending on if bullet train or not)
Tickets are possible to buy both in advance (Seoul-Busan) and in kiosks at all stations for similar or same prices. We recommend allowing at least 30 minutes reserve between your transfers due to the punctuality of all train services.
- Seoul-Busan trains: https://www.ktxtrains.com/train-seoul-busan.html
- Incheon International Airport-Seoul Station trains: http://event.arex.or.kr/main.do
Transportation after arrival in Busan 🇰🇷
LUCI delegates will be staying at the Lavalse Hotel, 82 Bongnaenaru-ro, Yeongdo-gu, Busan, South Korea
- If arriving to Gimhae International Airport in Busan, we recommend either taking a taxi as an alternative to the 1-hour journey by bus and metro.
- The Lavalse hotel is located within 20 minutes by metro line 1 if arriving at Busan Train Station from Seoul.