Fête des Lumières 2018: the call for projects is open!
The City of Lyon invites artists and creators to submit their proposals for the next edition of its world-famous Fête des Lumières. The call for submissions will close in the beginning of May.
The call concerns two programmes that will run concurrently during the festival: the Grands Projets and the Emergence.
- The installations for the Grands Projets will be displayed in locations such as the Saint-Jean Cathedral (see photo) or the city hall square, Place Louis Pradel.
- For the Emergence programme, the organisers are looking for installations or animations that induce participation, conviviality, surprise, and a festive spirit. This programme encourages up-and-coming artists and emerging talents to use city spaces as creative laboratories.
The submissions for the Grands Projets are considered as public procurement contracts by the City. The complete list of locations and the official offers are published on the dedicated website of the City of Lyon.
Some tips for the Fête des Lumières 2018
You can submit your project application in 3 different ways:
1. Deposit it at the “Direction de la Commande Publique” 10 quai Jean Moulin 69001, Lyon; open from Monday to Friday 9am to 12pm and 2pm to 4pm.
2. Send by registered post with acknowledgement of receipt or by a courier service. The time of reception is valid (and not the sending stamp). Be careful, public holidays may cause postal delays.
3. By electronic transmission: please note that this does not simply involve sending your file by email. Carefully follow the instructions on the City of Lyon public tender website.
The call for projects is available (in French) at this address: http://www.fetedeslumieres.lyon.fr/fr/actualite/appel-projets-fete-des-lumieres-2018?platform=hootsuite
The public tender for Grands Projets is available on the official website: http://bit.ly/public-tender-grands-projets
The call for projects for Emergence is available at this address: email@example.com
Photo credits: ‘Unisson’, Helene Eastwood and Laurent Brun (LnLo),
Fête des Lumières 2018 © Laurent Cerino