Art is an essential driving force that inspires urban leaders to develop their city and to deliver diversity to the culture and identity of the city.
At LUCI, we believe that light can be the way to develop art and culture in the urban space and transform the way we live and experience our cities.
Both permanent urban lighting and light festivals can help cities showcase urban creativity. Light becomes a playful material for all, a tool to explore people’s needs and dreams for their own city. Light combined with art reinforces the cultural identity of a city and is a clear asset to any urban lighting strategy.
Objectives and activities
The main goal is to open the field of creative lighting to new artistic forms in both permanent and festival lighting. The activities in this Pillar will explore how a co-creation approach can be implemented among the members of the network for example, through structured exchange and peer-to-peer capacity building sessions.
Leaders and partners
Read more about light and Art & Culture
- Call for concepts – Vinterljus Winter Lights 2019 in Linköping
- New lighting for Sint-Baafs Cathedral in Ghent
- Oulu European Capital of Culture open call
- LUCI City under Microscope Rotterdam – modern lighting solutions for a modern city
- New lighting for Ho Chi Minh City Museum of Fine Arts
- New issue of Cities & Lighting magazine: Light festivals – starting with the why
- Watch Lyon Light Festival Forum 2018 panel discussions on new forms of creative lighting
- Jyväskylä City of Light 2019 – Open call for artists
- Lyon Light Festival Forum 2018 – creative lighting in all its forms
- Get ready for Light And Motion Putrajaya (LAMPU) 2018