The SSL-erate project
SSL-erate is a 3-year coordination project that aims to accelerate the uptake of high-quality Solid State Lighting (SSL) technology in Europe by supporting open innovation and bringing validated information to all relevant stakeholders.
To enhance the awareness, promote high-quality system solutions and, bring functional lighting solutions to all, the consortium will:
- Create active involvement of various stakeholders through workshops hosted throughout Europe.
- Launch Lighting For People, a new web-based platform that will be the go-to site for topical high-quality information on solid-state lighting and the user and society value system solutions to get the right light, at the right place, at the right time.
The platform will provide the latest scientific findings on advances in human centric lighting and encourage green business development by means of open innovative collaboration.
The Lighting For People platform represents a new model for connecting people, municipalities, lighting, and business in order to make the best —and most informed— lighting decisions in sectors from elderly care and healthcare to education and beyond.
SSL-erate is co-funded by the European Commission as part of the Seventh EU Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development under Grant Agreement No. 619249.
- TNO (Coordinator)
- LUND UNIVERSITY
- LIGHTING EUROPE
- FUNDACION ESADE
- LUCI ASSOCIATION
- CLUSTER LUMIERE
- LUCE IN VENETO SCARL
- KATHOLIEKE UNIVERSITEIT LEUVEN
- CLUSTER D’IL LUMINACIO DE CATALUNYA
- DANMARKS TEKNISKE UNIVERSITET
- KAMER VAN KOOPHANDEL
- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
- VILNIAUS UNIVERSITETAS
- UNIVERSITAET BASEL
- RIJKSUNIVERSITEIT GRONINGEN
- MALMO STAD
- COMUNE DI BASSANO DEL GRAPPA
- HOCHSCHULE FUER ANGEWANDTE WISSENSCHAFTEN HAMBURG
- STAVANGER COMMUNE
- GEMEENTE EINDHOVEN
- UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD
- REVO MEDIA PARTNERS LIMITED
- MUNICH UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
More information at: